What Can You Learn in Only 10 Minutes? It Will Surprise You!
In today’s world, everything is fast. We move fast, we eat fast, we work fast and even sleep fast. All these things take so much of our time away that we no longer have space for ourselves. We live in a fast paced world where everyone is always in a hurry. And even though some people may still have enough time to pursue their hobby or passion, not many of us realize how many useful things we can learn in our free time. And it doesn’t mean we have to spend hours on that. What if I tell you that only 10 minutes a day is enough? Sounds incredible, right? Maybe even impossible? Not anymore!
So let’s take a look at three things you can learn in only 10 minutes!
1. Learning Korean basics
You may think that learning a language takes much more time than just 10 minutes. Attending classes, studying for exams, and spending long hours on searching the words in the dictionary. Not at all! The Korean language consists of simple signs which combined together create certain vowels and consonants. See for yourself:
So as you can see, it’s not that difficult. Even more, it’s enjoyable and amusing. But if you prefer simpler and clearer version, this one will be good for you:
There are also websites which can help you learn Korean (or any other language) by talking to a penpal. So you can not only learn a language but also make new friends.
2. Learning Techniques For a Good Night’s Sleep
Some people say that getting a good sleep at night is not easy. That in order to sleep well, you need to completely change the way of your life. Which is completely not true. Here are the techniques for getting the good night’s sleep. And learning them will take you only 10 minutes!
- Exercise during the day – exercise improves our health, but it also improves our sleep by reducing stress. Remember not to exercise before going to bed for at least 3 hours because you won’t be able to fall asleep.
- Limit beverages that interfere – Caffeine and alcohol are not the best solutions before going to sleep. The same goes with too much water.
- Avoid naps – Naps should be limited to 20 minutes. Sleeping during the day makes it more difficult to fall asleep at night.
- Food is a factor – If you eat too heavy meals during the day, your body will find it more difficult to digest them. It’s good to have light snacks and light meals during the day. And if you’re hungry before going to sleep, don’t overeat.
- Turn off the TV and computer. – These distractions influence your brain and make it alert. And when you’re heading to bed, your brain shouldn’t receive this signal but quite the opposite – it’s time to rest.
- Remove the electronics – Try to get rid of electronics from your bedroom. As mentioned above, they keep you awake and create a distraction.
- Keep cool – the lower the temperature in your bedroom, the better. Of course, let’s not exaggerate 😉 The most suitable temperature for us to sleep is 65oF (18oC).
- Dim the lights – It’s much better for our brain if there’s no light because it isn’t stimulated. Therefore, it doesn’t alert our body and that means we can rest peacefully.
- Turn it down – It’s not good when there’s noise when we sleep. It creates a distraction. But if for you noise is comforting, it’s best to choose white noise over loud sounds.
- Aromatherapy – It soothes the body and has a calming effect. The choice of scents is limitless. You can either make a home spa with aromatherapy in your bedroom or use the scent on your pillow to breathe it in during the night.
- Same time every day – If you get up every day and go to sleep at the same time, you’ll find it much easier to sleep well. That’s a good routine.
- Try a bath – Baths are relaxing. Taking a hot bath and then sleeping in a cool room is beneficiary for your sleep.
- Soothing beverage – Herbal tea or a glass of milk is good before sleep.
- Read – Reading clears up your brain from overthinking and calms you down.
- Relax your body – yoga or stretching are good as they help you to get rid of the pressure in your body.
- Relax your mind – There are many things that can help you eliminate negative thoughts. You can try thinking about nice places or things, or start writing a journal.
- Quality bedding –Getting a comfortable bed and sheets is crucial. We spend most of our lives in bed so it’s better to make it as convenient as possible.
- Comfortable clothing – Wear loose, light, cool pajamas. Sleeping in uncomfortable pajamas makes our sleep less relaxing.
- Watch your posture – Sleep position matters. It’s important to find the right position for your body to avoid pain and to feel relaxed after sleep.
3. Learning To Use a Fire Extinguisher
Now this one may seem a little odd, right?. But it’s important. Why? Because you never know when you’ll have to use it. And you may save someone’s life. And it’s the most incredible thing in the world! So here we go:
Remember the PASS word (Pull – Aim – Squeeze – Sweep)
So this is how it goes step by step:
- Pull the pin in the handle. This will also break the tamper seal.
- Aim the nozzle (or its hose) at the base of the fire. (Don’t touch the plastic discharge hose on CO2 extinguishers, it gets very cold and may damage skin)
- Squeeze the lever (operating handle) slowly. This discharges the extinguishing agent.
- Sweep from side to side till you completely extinguish the fire. If the fire re-ignites, repeat step 2 to 4.
Additionally, it’s good to remember about few safety precautions. Before you start extinguishing the fire, activate the fire alarm system. Don’t try to extinguish a fire if it poses a threat your or any other person’s life. Make sure the extinguisher is in good condition. Face the fire in the direction of the wind, never against it! And remember, always be careful.
To Sum It Up
These three incredible things are worth learning. And it takes only 10 minutes! And after you learn them, there are much more you can study. The possibilities are limitless. The only thing you have to do is to find 10 minutes every day. And after some time it’ll become an essential part of your daily computer activities. At the same time, it’ll help you manage your time better than before.
Start tracking your time while learning.
One thought on “3 Incredible Things You Can Learn In Only 10 Minutes”
10 minutes? I would never say that it’s enough to learn something new, but I gave these tips a try. And believe me or not, now I feel like a professional fireman 😀