The virtual office concepts like work at home and BYOD (bring your own device) etc. are on the vogue now. This means the employees and freelancers associated with a project will be functioning remotely from different destinations across the world. Keeping up with their needs, different time schedules, and managing and coordinating the tasks related to particular projects are really challenging with this mode of operation.
Freelancers are the most sought after professionals in such a working model. As far as the businesses are concerned, taking freelancers is much easier and cost effective when compared to deploying employees by covering their minimum wages and related requirements. However, when it comes to freelancing, the major challenge faced on both the sides is to effectively manage freelance time tracking on particular tasks, keeping deadlines, and proper reporting and invoicing of work.
Time recording for freelancers
There are various types of freelancers and almost all tasks can be achieved through freelancing now. Here comes the importance of proper time recording for freelance works and make sure that:
- The tasks are properly processed and will be completed on time,
- Properly compensation to freelancers without loss on both the sides.
To ease this process, there are various types of time tracking freelance applications available for free or paid subscription. These applications can be customized in order to meet the specific requirements of individual freelancers or businesses which make use of freelancers to get things done.
Features of time tracking software
There are various features offered by employee time tracking software including virtual assistance in freelance work management. Some major features are:
- Scheduler – Working with different freelancers remotely from various places and time zones can mix-up the schedules. So, it is essential to make use of the assistance of an efficient scheduler. The schedules should be made by discussing all aspects of the work between the two parties, on mutual understanding.
- Automatic Monitoring – It will be a trouble for the freelancers to keep logging their time for each task they do. So, to ensure a smooth run, automatic monitoring time tracking software needed to be used. There are many free applications offering this feature, which once set, will track each tasks based on the preset milestones and variations.
- Reminders and alerts – Time management is a big challenge for independent freelancers who work from the comfort of home or other remote locations. There is no supervisor to alert or monitor the progress of work. Here the virtual assistance of time tracker software will keep on giving timely alerts based on the progress of the tasks. Imagine a virtual supervisor always with you who appreciate you on meeting the milestones on time and alert if you are lagging.
Looking for a perfect timesheeting software? Give TimeCamp a go!
Not all time tracking software offer the same features for freelancers, so you need to scrutinize the utility of each carefully to choose the best option for you. If you are planning to purchase one for your business, make use of the trial usage offer to know about the user-friendliness and customizability of the application to meet your specific business needs.