Real-time location tracking apps are on the rise. Many employee monitoring tools already have a special tracker program with the feature of real time location sharing. Some are even designed specifically for tracing employee locations. That’s not surprising at all. In the era of remote work, which allows people for flexibility, it’s common that they often change location. But some jobs require employees to be on the move on a regular basis. There are truck drivers, salespeople, or employees who are often on the road because of work duties.
Hence the increase in using real-time location tracking apps. Implementing a location sharing app at your company has many benefits that can help in operating business:
- Automatic location update
- Detailed location history
- Source of important information on employee’s activity
- Integration with other tools for more effective work
- A quick search for accessible workers in the area
- Share location to cooperate with other team members
All that can help in workflow management, scheduling, resource management and allocation, and overall project management. It can also largely optimize and automate work.
So which of all the tools should you choose? Many solutions are available, but not all of them are worth considering. Interactive maps are the most common choice. But having a map is not enough. While it can help in navigation, it doesn’t bring any benefits to the business.
Luckily, there are tools that are more than just a map. They have useful features perfect for demanding users. Here are the 5 best real-time location tracking apps that will help you gather and monitor all the important information about your business!
👉 Check here if you are looking for GPS time tracking app.
Use the quick navigation below to jump to your top location tracker app with one click
1. Timecamp – best attendance management platform with GPS
Timecamp is a 100% free time tracking software but our GPS location sharing feature can be used to monitor the location of your employees and learn how and when people work. Timecamp’s robust features enable you to log working hours, manage attendance and leaves, and organize workflow.
You can use Timecamp GPS tracker solo or in a team. The tool allows for the location sharing of the mobile workforce on Android and iPhone. By just installing an app on company smartphones, your team members will now be able to:
- Notify when they’re starting and finishing work – think of it as a digital punch-in card
- Inform about their absences and leaves
- Provide insights to their mileage and time spent at a worksite or a client’s office
- Update on any delays, obstacles or difficulties like traffic jams, or construction work
- You can also sync our app with all of the most popular project management software
Additionally, Timecamp generates detailed reports and timesheets that can be accessed on your phone with our mobile app. Everything in real time.
Stop wasting time on manual attendance tracking.
2. Spyzie – best for tracing phones
Spyzie is a user-friendly real-time location tracking app. It is a professional monitoring solution provider specializing in tracing and monitoring tools for smartphone users. It’s a simple software but has many practical features. With Spyzie you will be able to monitor employee current location and their phone activity.
The great thing is that you can use Spyzie not only for business but also for personal needs. It’s also designed to protect kids from online threats and make sure they are always safe.
- GPS location and Geofencing
- Tracking the Target`s locations via Wi-Fi hotspots
- Apps activity
- Monitoring phone calls
- Monitoring communication apps
- Supports iOS and Android, also available on the Cloud
- iOS – $39.99/month
- Android – Premium Edition (With Restricted Functionality) starts from $29.99. Ultimate Edition (With Full Functionality) starts from $39.99/month
3. Hoverwatch – best location sharing app
Hoverwatch provides a solution for employee monitoring which helps managers and leaders to secure their commercial secrets and intellectual property without oppressing employees.
This app is a simple solution for employers who want to track what their employees do at work. It works best if your employees use phones provided by the company. Additionally, if you use it as a “spy”, the app will work in a stealth mode and track your employees’ location (and activities) without disturbing them at work.
With its main features, Howerwatch lets you gather information on your workforce in real time:
- Phone tracker uses Wi-Fi signals, cell towers and GPS to track the location of the monitored device
- Tracks to-do lists
- Phone internet history
- Contacts and message history
- Keylogger for Mac and Windows
- Available for Android, Windows and Mac OS X
- Personal – from €24.95/month/track 1 Device
- Professional – from €9.99/month/Track 5 Devices
- Business – from €6.00/Track 25 Devices
4. TSheets – best timesheets app with GPS
TSheets is known mostly as timesheet software. It provides detailed reports on employees’ activity, regardless of their current location. But TSheets has more features than a simple real-time location tracing app.
It’s suitable for small and large teams, for those who often travel as well as for remote workers. With TSheets every manager can monitor employees’ activity and location. If you need advanced software with extensive features to provide you with the most important set of information on your workforce, TSheets will be a perfect choice.
- GPS – real-time insight into who’s working on what and where
- Real-time coordination – GPS shows which employee is closest to the next job site so you can assign them appropriate tasks
- The mobile app log and updates employee’s location throughout the day
- Convenient work hours recording with the mobile app
- Employees can clock in and out in real time thanks to the geofence, and enter their hours manually
- Advanced time management functionalities enable your employee to customize time entry for fields, projects, and tasks
- Free for one user
- $5 per month for 2-99 Users per user + $20 base fee per month
- $5 per month for 100+ Users + $100 base fee per month
5. The Truth Spy – best for safety monitoring
With the GPS feature and Trace Mode feature, TheTruthSpy can help you trace the company’s vehicles, transport employees to anywhere in the world. TheTruthSpy can help you make sure they arrive at the target place safely and on time. You can see your employees’ location and phone history with just one click.
It’s somewhat a spy software but it’s also a great real-time location tracking app for those who need a basic solution that would allow them to monitor employees’ work. All without disturbing them.
- GPS tracker with detailed information on location and road traveled
- Location history
- Internet browsing history
- Contact history
- Installed apps history
- Standard – $21.99/month
- Premium – $25.99/month
- Gold – $30.99/month
6. Hubstaff – best simple GPS time clock app
Hubstaff is one of the most popular time management software. But it also has the feature of location sharing which makes it a simple GPS time clock app. Hubstaff is great software for monitoring the work of employees who often change their location and travel on a regular basis. They can easily clock in and out with just one click and provide you with insights into their work.
Hubstaff is also suitable for remote teams and teams who need a location sharing feature to coordinate work.
- Mobile time tracker to track employee hours in transit and time at the destination
- Location monitoring – tracing through GPS, web-based reports
- Online timesheets
- Team dashboard with the most important information about your crew
- Geofences can automatically start and stop as your team members arrive and leave a job site
- Numerous integrations with other apps
- Free for 1 User
- Basic – $7/ month – Starts at $14. Includes 2 users
- Premium – $10/ month – Starts at $20. Includes 2 users
- Enterprise – $20/month – Starts at $40. Includes 2 users
? See the comparison between Timecamp & Hubstaff
7. Turtler – best for crew management
Turtler is an advanced private and secure location sharing with GPS. It’s best for sectors such as construction, field workers, special events and performers, public and private transportation, logistics, farming and wildlife management, sales, and all people that operate outside the office.
Turtler’s GPS Data and Statistics highlight useful patterns, blind spots, inefficiencies, and opportunities for you to learn from and improve.
Structured admins and workforce hierarchy let you precisely organize and synchronize workflow. Turtler is one of the best location sharing and GPS solutions for demanding users.
- Sharing location with clients
- View your teams in real-time and manage viewing rights
- Automatic timekeeping – employees can clock in by schedules or location
- Timekeeping auto logs worker’s time spent at each client job site and syncs easily into major accounting software
- GPS triggered alerts
- Newly added customer locations can be auto-assigned based on region, closest current staff and more
- You can make custom geofences for job sites, office locations, sales regions, work corridors and more
Pricing: not provided by the vendor
8. Hellotracks – best for field staff management
Hellotracks technology lets you automatically assign jobs to the best available person with optimized routes. It helps not only to learn where your team is and see their location in real-time but also to plan their shifts and workflow to boost their productivity.
Hellotracks allows you to monitor your team’s progress by using the web platform and manage staff wherever they are.
- GPS and geofence
- Accurate location monitoring
- Reporting with all the information about your staff
- Real-time visibility lets you see the precise location of your team
- All your staff’s trips are recorded automatically
- Notifications on arrivals of your personal points of interests, frequently visited places, and daily jobs
- Mileage Report with exact start/end addresses, mileages, duration, pause
- Heat maps let you see an overview of where your team’s location heat points are
- Full REST API integration to retrieve live location and feed your internal infrastructure and services
Pricing: $ 10 USD /user/month. Free 30-day trial available
9. Where’s My Staff – best for attendance administration
Where’s My Staff is dedicated to monitoring in real-time your employees’ attendance and locations. It efficiently replaces complicated attendance software for employees who work outside the company.
It’s best for small, medium-sized organizations and enterprises that want to implement a simple solution, learn about the work style of their staff to optimize workflow.
- GPS enables live employee monitoring, or through NFC and QR techniques
- Workflow chart of each employee that displays and pinpoints your employees’ whereabouts during a specific period along with the moment of arrival and leaving each location
- Simple check-in/out
- Ability to use the app in the offline mode, all information automatically syncs upon restored connection
- The user will not be able to manipulate the mobile phone’s time settings since the application is based solely on the telecommunication network operators and not on the mobile phone’s setting itself
- 8 comprehensive reports let you see different information about the work of your staff
- Real-Time Edition Plans – pricing starts at $149.99 per year
- Normal Edition Plans – pricing starts at $49.99 per year
There are many real-time location sharing apps. Some solutions are simple, others are complex and may be part of a larger system. Whichever you go for, make sure it addresses the needs of your business and your employees.
And remember, don’t use such software to spy on your employees. Respect their privacy and their rights. Collaborate with your team to achieve the best results.
Looking for the best location tracking app? Try TimeCamp!
One thought on “The Best Real-Time Location Tracking Apps”
I think mSpy could be mentioned as well. Good app for GPS monitoring, though. It also has other options that are relevant for parental control purposes, but GPS tracking and fencing are definitely the best ones.