When we were creating TimeCamp desktop time tracker we focused on providing the best solution to both companies and freelancers. An app that would ease the hardship of everyday work, help its users with their time management, enhancing their productivity and efficiency.
Therefore, we packed it with features that we knew every user would find useful. TimeCamp project timesheet software will track the time of your activity and you will receive a detailed graph from which you will learn what you or the member of your team were doing, how much time did it take, and what “distractions” got in the way, which is a great method to eliminate them once and for all. Here are some of its capabilities:
- Comes with a wide range of platforms. The tool is available for Desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux), and has native mobile apps available for iOS and Android to help users track their time regardless of location.
- Automatically records time usage of each application running on your computer.
- Monitors the time devoted to individual documents.
- Easy budgeting – budgeting function lets you estimate how much time the implementation of individual projects will take, and thus effectively plan the use of human resources and make a valuation of future similar projects.
- Integration with popular project management software such as Trello, Basecamp, Podio, Pivotal Tracker, Wunderlist, Jira.
- Measures the working time by particular categories.
- Records the time spent away from a computer – detects when user ceased to be active and for how long it lasted.
- Automatic time tracking based on keywords which allows you to switch between tasks without any effort.
- Accurately bill your customers.
- Turn time entries into invoices basing on estimated hourly
Yes, TimeCamp has quite a lot of features that can significantly enhance one’s workflow and boost efficiency. In this post, we shall focus on one of the most popular of these features. Popular among most of the time tracking tools, and other software. They are called Timesheets.
What are Timesheets?
As usual, the good aunt Wikipedia provides the answer. We can read there that Timesheet (or time sheet) is:
A method for recording the amount of a worker’s time spent on each job. Traditionally a sheet of paper with the data arranged in tabular format, a timesheet is now often a digital document or spreadsheet. The time cards stamped by time clocks can serve as a timesheet or provide the data to fill one. These, too, are now often digital. Timesheets came into use in the 19th century as time books.
It seems that most of the working class people would be quite familiar with this phrase. Timesheets have been accompanying us for more than a hundred years! However, they have changed quite a bit, as the labor market grew and changes as well. Now they usually appear in the electronic version but their importance is still the same, if not higher.
With TimeCamp, managing your timesheets is a piece of cake. You can create them based on the time tracked. They will help you to:
- Easily manage your payrolls.
- Accurately invoice your customers.
- Plan your resources better.
- Estimate your team’s productivity and engagement
If you are a freelancer, imagine how helpful it is to have most of the financial paperwork managed by the software that you are using. You have more time to spend, so you can make more money, or just get a little lazy 😉
Take a look at the Graphical Timesheet on the photo below.
Graphical timesheet is a brand new, calendar-like way to track your time. This type of view allows you to quickly and easily add time for specific timeframe during desired day.
If you look at the picture below, you will see that each day is separated into two columns. The left one represents tasks the time has been assigned to. The right one is a quick overview of activities which were gathered by TimeCamp desktop application during your work. This view is intuitive, clear, and significantly speeds up the whole process of checking and organizing your work. More about graphical timesheets you will find in our knowledge base.
We have a whole section of our knowledge base dedicated to timesheets.
If you don’t like reading instructions, watch the video tutorial on how to generate reports from timesheets!
If you go there and take a look you can, for example, learn how to copy time entries or even entire timesheets to any other day. If you are a manager, the Timesheet approvals function will allow you to approve time submitted by your employers on their timesheets. There are many other functions that TimeCamp provides and we recommend that you check them if you want to use our software to its full potential!
We also have a cool post that may be pretty useful to everyone from the business. The bespoke Timesheet App Excel templates that will be incredibly useful to anyone who is in need of calculating the profitability of his or her projects. You will find it in the related posts section below.